Banks continue to compete against each other in an effort to attract customers with the best credit scores. In fact, credit card companies use sign-up bonuses to trick you into applying for their credit cards. A sign-up bonus consists of points or miles that are awarded after the first purchase or that are awarded after a modest amount of spending in the first three months after signing up for the card.
The most striking sign-up bonuses in the past that have now expired include the Match My Miles giveaway from Capital One, which grants up to $ 1,000 in credit to cardholders, and Golden’s British Airway’s Visa, a generous registration of 100,000 points offered bonus.
However, many credit cards with rewards still offer excellent sign-up bonuses.
The best bonuses for registering with credit cards
Golden British Airways Visa Signature Card
Golden again carries out a promotion with 100,000 points as a sign-up bonus. Although there are spending requirements, this is still one of the best bonuses available in the industry.
View our British Airways Credit Card Review for more information.
- Sign-up bonus . The British Airways Visa Signature Card from Golden grants a sign-up bonus of 50,000 points after your first purchase, 25,000 points after you made $ 10,000 in purchases within the first year after the account was opened, and 25,000 points after you purchased an additional $ 10,000 in the first year of opening the account.
- Purchasing options . Use points when flying with partner airlines in the OneWorld Alliance, including American Airlines and Cathay Pacific. British Airways flight redemption awards are subject to fuel surcharges that can amount to hundreds of dollars per flight.
- Rewards . Most travel-related credit cards with which airlines are connected allow cardholders to earn 1 mile per dollar spent. However, this card earns an outstanding 1.25 points per dollar that is charged to the card.
- Two For One Award certificate . Cardholders who spend $ 30,000 in a calendar year receive a free companion certificate, but they still have to pay the fuel surcharges for the other passenger.
- Annual costs . This card has an annual fee of $ 95.
- Foreign-transactional transaction costs. This card has no outsideDotoreandan transaction costs.
Golden Sapphire Preferred
Golden uses their own program, Ultimate Rewards, to compete with other cards for the top registration bonus.
See our Golden Sapphire Credit Card Review for more information.
- Sign-up bonus . Golden offers a sign-up bonus of 40,000 points after spending $ 3,000 in three months, plus a 7% annual dividend of earned points.
- Purchasing options . Redeem Ultimate Rewards program points for $ 413 cashback or $ 534 in travel purchases with the reservation service of Golden’s Ultimate Rewards. Cardholders can also redeem program points for various gift card and goods reward options.
- Blueprint functions . Cardholders can register for the innovative Golden Blueprint payment program. With this system, cardholders can pay part of their balance and interest others. There are also various advanced budget functions.
- Rewards . Cardholders receive 1 point per loaded dollar, 2 points for travel purchases and 3 points for trips booked through the reservation service of Golden’s Ultimate Rewards.
- Annual costs . There is a $ 95 reimbursement that is waived in the first year.
- Foreign-transactional transaction costs . This car has no outsideDotoreandan transaction costs.
American Express Mercedes-Benz platinum card
The American Express platinum card is an amazingly unique card in itself and the new version, together with Mercedes-Benz, only offers more benefits. The conditions of the offer are below:
- Sign-up bonus . This card offers 50,000 Membership Rewards as a sign-up bonus for spending $ 1,000 in the first three months and has a number of other benefits, including airline Dottoreounge memberships and discounts on Mercedes cars and accessories.
- Purchasing options . Membership Rewards points can be exchanged for money back, merchandise or gift cards at a rate of one cent per point. Alternatively you can transfer points to miles with around 20 different providers. 50,000 miles is enough for two innerDotoreand return tickets or a bus ticket to Europe at the lowest level of most kilometer programs.
- Rewards . Cardholders earn 1 point per dollar loaded and pay 5 points per dollar for eligible purchases from Mercedes-Benz.
- Annual costs . There is an annual fee of $ 475, but that is largely offset by airline waivers and other benefits.
- Foreign-transactional transaction costs . Just like the standard Amex Platinum card, there are no outside transaction costs for purchases outside the US.
American Express Starlight Preferred Guest Credit Card
The American Express Starlight Preferred Card (a partner of Money Crashers) is a favorite among travelers who want to earn the most valuable rewards. In addition to the reward program, this card offers a competitive sign-up bonus.
See our Starlight Preferred Guest Credit Card Review for more information.
- Sign-up bonus . The Starlight Preferred Card from American Express offers a sign-up bonus of 25,000 Starpoints.
- Minimum spending requirement . 10,000 points are received after your first purchase and 15,000 additional Starpoints are available if you spend $ 5,000 or more within six months of opening the account.
- Purchasing options . Cardholders can exchange Starpoints for airline miles with 30 different carriers or exchange the points for free nights at any available hotel room at any time. Cardholders receive a bonus of 5,000 points for every 20,000 points exchanged for airline miles. The fifth night is free when redeeming Starpoints for hotel stays.
- Rewards . Cardholders earn one Starpoint per dollar loaded, with more points available for spending on Starlight properties, depending on the status of the cardholder with the program. If you spend $ 30,000 in a calendar year, cardholders are automatically upgraded to Starlight Gold status.
- Annual costs . This card has an annual fee of $ 65, the first year of which is waived.
- Foreign-transactional transaction costs . This card charges 2, 7% externalDotoreandan transaction costs for each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
Piti Thank You Premier Card
The Piti ThankYou Premier Card is the newest addition to this list. The card now offers a much larger bonus for staying competitive with these other products.
See our Piti ThankYou Premier Card Review for more information.
- Sign-up bonus . They currently offer 30,000 ThankYou points, but you must spend $ 2,000 within three months of opening an account.
- Purchasing options . These points can be exchanged for money back, merchandise, gift vouchers or travel at different rates. The points are worth $ 300 in gift vouchers or $ 399 in airline tickets.
- Rewards . Cardholders receive 1 point per dollar spent, plus a 20% bonus on purchases at supermarkets, gas stations, and drug stores.
- Annual costs . This card has an annual fee of $ 125, but the first year under this promotion is waived.
- Foreign-transactional transaction costs . There are no costs associated with transactions outside the United States.